1. What has been given so far is what is known as neutral, friendly and
hostile relationship. This has to be modified by looking at the temporal principle of friendships of
Planets in the second, third and fourth from each other and planets in
the tenth, eleventh and twelfth houses become friends. See the first three houses in the forward direction and
the last three in the backward directions.
2. Never overemphsise the friendships or enmity factor. Lot of new
factors have to be looked into and new research has to be done.
3. All that is being stressed here is remember the principle but
do not overstress these factors. Also do not ignore them. The art of judgement in astrology is the art of
developing a judicial balance.
In various ancient texts, different results are given for the conditions of
planets. They, if used liberally, not literally make an astrologer avoid dogmatic interpretation of horoscopes, a
very common weakness and fault of astrologers.
Given below is the result of different conditions with certain remarks.
In fact debilitated Saturn and Mars give humility. Debilitated planets have to
have their weaknesses. They manifest in different ways at different times.
1. The above given results get modified through the association or aspects of
other planets with them. They can improve or get worse.
2. A planet within, say, about three degrees of the Sun is said to
be combust and is said to
give bad results. In our experience it is not always so, though for a brief period there can be mental
3. A planet defeated in a planetary war is the planet which is almost of the same
degree as another one (not the Sun and also other exceptions). This has been interpreted differently by different
writers. There is no sound research to guide us.
4. A planet when retrograde (other planets except the Sun, the Moon) gets into
retrograde motion. Read a little bit of astronomy to learn about it). No astrologer should jump to any conclusion
without a sound research and observation.
The interpretation of the results of all these,
particularly of retrograde planets has been mostly done through loose generalisations. Such an approach and
tendency must be avoided.
previous lesson course contents next