The type of exercise we have done in the case of John F Kennedy will
be repeated here, but with some additional features.
Repeat the same exercise. It will be done briefly here. Take up the
horoscope of Queen Elizabeth –
Planets and degrees/Minutes Lords of
Sun 07° 29'
Moon 19°18' Ashlesha (Mercury)
Mars 28°04' Dhanista (Mars)
Mercury 12°14' Uttar Bhadrapad (Saturn)
Jupiter 00°01' Dhanista (Mars)
Venus 21°14' Purva Bhadrapad (Jupiter)
Saturn (R) 01°35' Vishakha (Jupiter)
Rahu 21°10' Punarvasu (Jupiter)
Ketu 21°10' Purvasadha (Venus)
Lagna 00°21' Uttarashadha (Sun)
–Balance of Mercury Mahadasha of 13 years, 7 months and 21
1. The Lagna of the Queen is Makar, (Capricorn)
2. Her Rashi (Moon-sign) is Karka (Cancer)
3. Her janma nakshatra is Ashlesha whose lord is Mercury.
4. Since Ashlesha begins at 16o40 degrees in Karka and the Queen’s
Moon is at 19o18 she got the balance of Mercury. How?
5. You know from the table of nakshatras that Mercury has a total
period of seventeen (17) years. So the simple calculations is 17 years minus 13 years, 7 months and 21 days
6. The expired portion is 3 years, 4 months and 9 days.The
Queen thus gets at birth the Mahadasha of Mercury. No person gets
full mahadasha at birth. if he lives long enough he gets other dashas in full. At his death he again gets only
part of the dasha which happens to be running then.
Now the calculation of what the Queen
is passing through now is done thus:
In this case do full PAC.
Then locate the naksatras of all planets
Moon Mars Mercury Jupiter Venus Saturn Rahu Ketu
05°11" 03°46"10°40" 29°14" 25°31" 27°53" 28°14" 10°44" 08°35" 08°35"
If you have done all the exercises given so far, you are prepared now to go into
the second MEMORY
That will take you into the predictive aspects of Hindu
The next step is to find out which sub-period in the major period
of Rahu she is running now. Instead of showing it here, examples will be given later in some other
So the information you have now is that the Queen is passing
through her dasha of Rahu, who is positioned in the sixth house which represents difficulties, obstacles,
opposition etc. No wonder that is is in this period that the Queen has been having all trouble from her children
particularly from her heir-apparent, Prince Charles and Princess Daina.
1. Lagna lord (Saturn) is in the eleventh house of Mars.
2. The second lord (Saturn) is in the eleventh house of
3. The third lord (Jupiter) is in the second house of Saturn and is
conjoined with Venus, the fifth and the tenth lord.
4. The fourth lord Mars is in the Lagna aspected by
5. The fifth lord (Venus) is with Jupiter, the third and the twelfth
lord in the second house.
6. The sixth lord (Mercury) is in the third house of Jupiter but is
7. The seventh lord, the Moon is in his own house, Karka
8. The eighth lord, the Sun is in the forth house of Mars and is
being aspected by exalted Mars (the fourth aspect)
9. The ninth lord (Mercury) is in the third house,
10. The tenth lord (Venus) is with Jupiter in the second
11. The eleventh lord (Mars) is exalted in the Lagna.
12. The twelfth lord (Jupiter) is in the second house with
Note some special features in the horoscope of the Queen. She was not an heir-apparent when she was born. But
her uncle fell in love and sacrificed his kingdom for the sake of his lady love. Elizabeth’s father became the king
of England and she being his first child, a female though, with no brothers, became an undisputed heir apparent. To
come into such great luck there must be some great promise in her horoscope. Note some special features.
1. Mars, the planet of authority and administration is in extreme point of exaltation.
2. The Sun, the planet of royalty, is also exalted and is advancing towards its point of extreme exaltation,
which is ten degrees in Mesha.
3. Venus, the tenth lord of kingdom, jewellery and precious stones is in the second house of wealth.
Though so far no principles of predictions have been given, yet to create some interest, some stray hints have
been given. Now let us see how the Dasha of the Queen helped her.
1. She was born in the mahadasha of Mercury, who is also her ninth lord representing her father because the
ninth house represents father. In this period her father became the King of England.
2. Next came the period of Ketu, in the twelfth house, the place of hiding, imprisonment, foreign journeys and
salvation. The young Elizabeth had to be protected from the army of Hitler during the second world war.
3. Then came the long spell of Venus of twenty years. Venus as the lord of her tenth house gave her the kingdom
and as the fifth lord gave her, four children. The tenth house is Karma, work, fame etc. and the fifth house is the
house of child-birth.
Therefore, those who jump into yogas without understanding the psychological depth of a horoscope do harm to
astrology and lovers of astrology. How the classical yogas are to be understood has not been understood by the
writers who are mere compilers and not researchers.
Follow the steps given below –
1. Never be in a hurry to jump to conclusions when you judge a horoscope.
2. You have to make a total analysis which starts with the PAC analysis.
3. The PAC approach gives you a total picture.
4. What about the yogas given in books on astrology is the question that must spring in the minds of those
readers who have read such books. Let me tell you, for certain, that those books will give you a totally incohate
picture of a horoscope. The reasons are –
(a) Few writers have even understood that the classical yogas can function within the overall planetary
promises, as a whole, of a horoscope, never outside. There is for instance the well-known Gajakesari
Yoga. In a bad horoscope what is the role of this famous yoga. This can be understood after lot of
experience. A full book will have to be written on this from an entirely different angle.
(b) All the yogas given in those books can become totally ineffective in many ways, because good ones get
nullified by bad ones and the reverse also happens.
(c) Therefore ignore those yogas first and look at the series of examples given here to appreciate that
judgement in Hindu astrology can mature only when a total picture of a horoscope emerges out.
(d) After doing the exercises given here, go next to the other memory Tablet which is D.A.R.E.S.
You will see in the examples given later how life takes a queer twists.
With the intention to help people avoid memorizing. The traditional Indian method since ancient times has been
to make a boy memories shlokas (Sanskrit stanzas) which gave in capsules all these principles. It is
not possible to take up such boys these days and follow similar methods.
As it is many people who get interested in astrology, begin to learn the subject, late in their lives, and have
no capacity to memorize.
When learning through rote memory is not possible, what is surely possible is to learn
through associative memory.
Take up the horoscopes (Illustration 3 to Illustration 14) and describe them
systematically. Keep doing this exercise always.
You will hear and read about some professionals like MBA, engineers or doctors giving up their main line and
taking up to astrology. Do not be impressed by all that. A professional who has not done well in his own profession
over a period is not competent, generally, to be a good astrologer because astrology needs higher analytical gifts
and ability to synthesize faster. A Chartered Accountant found more money in astrology than in his own profession.
Do not mistake him for a missionary astrologer.
Still, without becoming a professional astrologer (as a predictor or as a mill producing cook books on
astrology), keep alive your interest in astrology as a lover of divine knowledge. It will help you spiritually and
keep you away from the world of frauds which is what astrologers seem to be becoming all over the world.
previous lesson course contents next lesson